22 February 2013

From one mother to another...

Those of you who know me that I am a huge breastfeeding advocate. I have donated milk before, I've donated bags that I wasn't going to use, I've lent out my pump before, you get the idea. After Ivan was born I had a good little freezer stash going, but ended up using it all when I needed a break from constantly nursing..he took a bottle like a champ.

Grace on the other hand..not so much. I have an amazing supply with her, even better than I did with Ivan..but she won't touch a bottle, and seems like she would rather starve. Fine with me- I'll just keep her with me for the next few years!

I am a fan of a page on Facebook- Human Milk for Human Babies. I met a woman on there back in January, who was looking for milk for a precious baby girl that she was adopting, who was due in February! We talked a little on the phone, and I let her know that I had a decent amount in the freezer that obviously wasn't going to be getting used since Grace didn't want anything to do with it.

A week later, a friend of hers stopped by to pick up my milk, that way it could get to the location of where the new mommy and baby would be staying after baby was born! I figured I might get a "hey, thanks!" after it was delivered, and that would be that..this past Tuesday (19 Feb) I got a message that brought tears of joy to my eyes...

'Thank you Kerri, your milk was yummy! Ava was born 12 Feb....'

I never thought I would be able to impact someones life like this, but helping to give a new baby the best nutrition possible is one of the greatest things out there!

I am so blessed to have great friends who support me in all the things that I do, even if they're strange to some...Especially my husband, Lucas, who stands by my side no matter what.

Breastmilk is the best nutrition for your baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment