15 June 2011

Construction engineer for hire!

Tonight, in a fight for my life- I came out on top. Against a baby gate.

Ivan has been keeping me on my toes, between crawling from one end of the house to the other, stopping in the kitchen to play in the dog's water, and then starting up again.

Tonight I went to Target in search of the perfect gate. I was armed with a gift card from my parents, research that I did before going, and a happy baby.

I didn't want one of the short wooden ones, because they're too much to mess with every time Wrinkles wants to go out, and it's a pain to close them while holding a baby. I found a Munchkin brand gate that sold for 50.99, which was great..because I had a $50 gift card. That gate didn't work. Online it said it extended up to 52" which I liked, because our doorway opening is 46". It only extends to 35" or so, without extensions. They didn't sell the needed extensions at the store, so I had to go to plan B. I ended up getting a different Munchkin gate- the extra tall and extra wide.

I liked my second choice more so than my first, but I had to pay $30 out of pocket. Not a big deal, but having it be free would be better.

I got home and started putting the gate together..and it almost killed me, to say the least. I now have a headache, and am exhausted. I won't try installing anything like that again by myself..especially when I'm wrangling a 10 month old and a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment