04 June 2011

Shuffle Day 2

If you didn't see, I started doing the Sleep Lady Shuffle last night. I gave in around 1am, and had pretty much decided that I was going to wait until Monday night to start it again.

After a long fun filled day of driving and parades, we got home and managed to get Ivan in bed by 3pm for a nap. He fell asleep on his own with us shh-ing him and patting the mattress by 340 or so, but only stayed asleep for 10-15 minutes.

Tonight we had people over to bbq and have a fire, and he started getting fussy, so I got him to fall asleep around 8, but then he still only stayed asleep long enough for me to get outside and get comfortable.

Once he started acting tired again (around 930 or so) I brought him back in, sang the military version of "You Are My Sunshine" a few times through and laid him down. He was IRATE. It's now 1110 pm and he's been asleep for about 15 minutes. He wasn't upset the whole time, but couldn't get comfortable, and would lie down, sit up, stand up, sit down, lie down, whine, wiggle, sit up, and repeat a million times. He tried to get my attention a few times by reaching through the slats of the crib and pulling my hair of grabbing for whatever part of my body was close.

I'm hoping tonight goes better than last night because I'm exhausted.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take, my sunshine, away.

I know you're tired, my darling baby.
It's time to close up, your little eyes.
It's off to dreamland, your pillow's waiting
Now its off, to bed-dy by.

Your Daddy loves you, but he's a soldier.
He'll have to go off, to fight the war.
But he'll be home soon, this I assure you.
Each day he loves, you more, and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment