13 October 2010

Well, I just downloaded the new Amy Grant CD. I used to have one of her older albums, and it was always very.. uplifting. I guess that would be the world. I need to get my life in order..and the only way for me to do that is leave certain things and people behind, and open up so that better things can come in, and so that I can surround myself with good people.

I look over at my baby boy who -was- asleep, and I know that I don't want him around things that will hold him back. Yes, he's only 2 months old, but I want to start him out right. I want to have him at church every Sunday that I can. I don't want him to grow up and not care like I did. I REALLY don't want him to have teenage years like I did, so I guess it's time to start now.

So, where do I even begin? I'm not a good "friend maker." Pretty sure I've only spent time with 3 different gals since moving here. Yes, there's the FRG, and they're nice..but I don't see them outside of those meetings. Out of the 3 that I kinda became friends with, one dwindled over time- I guess I was too young for her? One just kinda disappeared, and one more just had a baby last week...I'm not sure we were "friends" to start with though. She's nice, so maybe it'll happen, who knows.

I also sucked it up and went and introduced myself on Sunday to the other blogger that I found on Google. It was hard enough for me to go up to a complete stranger and just hope that I had the right person. Turns out, it was her. She was also nice. I really hope that we can be friends, as not only would it be nice to have a friend (haha) but she was kind, and she's Christian. Lord knows I need a good Christian friend.

Lately I've been standing on my own two feet, and now I've got a pair of watchful eyes looking up to me. I'm going to need help to make it through these next 20 years. What if love isn't enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment