12 January 2011

Couch to 5k, Week 2.

Last week I started the C25K program. I wasn't happy that I had to run, but it's starting to grow on me. Yesterday I started week 2, day 1. You have a 5 minute warm-up walk, then alternate between running 90 sec and walking 120 sec, then another 5 minute cool-down walk. I'm not really dying like I was the first week, and I only took a 5 second break, where I walked instead of jogged. 

Ivan doesn't like being in his stroller, which makes it hard for me to get out and run during the day. Yesterday I made it a little over 5 minutes before he started screaming (not just crying, he was SCREAMING). I turned around and came back home, and then we had take 2 today. 

I've also been going to the gym here lately, but I don't really "work out." It's more of a running on the elliptical for 10 minutes before I get frustrated and quit. Then I go walk a mile or so, and then maybe sit in the sauna for another 10 minutes. By the time I'm done, I know that Ivan is probably screaming at home, and that Luke is needing a break. I load back up in the car, and head home, upset with myself for not sucking it up and doing more. I don't use the machines because I don't know how. I hate working out in front of people for this very reason. Maybe if it was me and one other person in the weight room, until I figure out how to use everything...then maybe I would use the machines. For now I'll stick to things that frustrate me, yet I know how to use them. 

Not a lot besides that has been going on out here in WA. I've made another friend (hi kearstie!) but that's about it. However, it's nice to be able to talk to someone else who has a baby that is Ivan's age. Now we just need to get the boys together to play! 

I don't know what having a baby has done to me..but I'll be domesticated in no time. I'm going to try my hand at making dryer balls this weekend. I'm hoping that they help with my cloth diaper problem, but if they don't, it'll at least help cut our electric bill. A big thanks goes out to Jean Van Effen for the wool yarn & roving- I almost sent Luke into work tonight to pick it up so that I could get started already! 

One other thing of importance is coming up...My mother and aunt are going to be here in two weeks! We're going to go to Pike's Place, the Space Needle, we might go to see the troll under the bridge, and we'll probably go shopping at some point. I am EXCITED. As much as I love my sweet angel son, it'll be nice to go out for an hour or two with Luke, and not have to worry about who will hold him first while the other one eats. I'm going to hate leaving him at home..but I know that he'll be in good hands with them. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Here's your comment. :] hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may want to mention that you alternate the 90 Sec walk and the 120 Sec run for 20 mins :)

    Also, there was no way I was going back into work after spending from 2am to 8am there this morning. I love ya, but sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that your family is coming out! And to spend some alone time with your hubby! You need to do that occasionally! :) Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerri...we're going to look up how to do those dryer balls, too!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so disappointed that Luke wasn't at work yesterday. I'm intrigued by the dryer ball thing now, so I might try my hand at making some. Let me know if you need more stuff. I wasn't sure how much to put in the bag. Believe me when I say that I've got tons and tons of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I could go to the gym with you during the week, but by the time Jess gets home it's already 6 and dinner time. If it was closer it wouldn't be so bad. Ahhh well, the balance ball and zumba will have to keep me moving for now.

    I could seriously show you how to use the machines, if you really want some help let me know and I will see what I can do :)

    ReplyDelete