23 January 2011

Well, today was a long day to say the least. It was a good day, just a long one.

This morning we went to a gun show in Puyallup. I finally settled on the Tanfoglio Witness 10mm. I went between it and a Beretta for quite awhile, but finally made up my mind. After all of the deliberation, we found out that they don't take plastic...and we couldn't use it as a debit card at an ATM. Maybe later on this week we'll be able to look at some of the shops around here, and see what they have as well.

Tonight we went to Olive Garden. This is usually our go-to restaurant, as the service is usually decent, and it's just where we always go. Kind of like some people have "their song," this is the same thing. Let me start out by saying that I've worked in my share of restaurants, so I know about being a server, working crazy shifts, everything.
We got there and had to wait almost 30 minutes. Fine. They were busy, I can understand that, as it's 630pm...but there are empty tables all around, as there is no server for them. Why wouldn't you have a full wait staff in the middle of the dinner rush?
So, we get seated and Ivan is fussy. This really doesn't bother me, as I come equipped with two milk making pacifiers. Pretty cool, huh? Anyways, as I'm calming Ivan down, our server comes over and lets us know that she'll be right back over in two minutes. She holds up one finger. She then realizes that she said two minutes, and is holding up only one..She gives a confused look, and then holds up two. She comes back, and says something about giving us more time, and then disappears for 10 minutes..then comes back again, and asks if we want water or something. Luke gets his food..eats everything and I still don't know where mine is. I easily waited 20 more minutes for it to show up...after I had to ask another server for it.
After all of this, our original waitress brought us our check. It was $114. Takes her another 10 minutes to fix this.

I'm very upset, very frustrated, and want to leave.

We end up tipping a guy who wasn't our server, but that took care of us when our incompetent server couldn't. She got $1.30 and he got $5.

That's what happens when you give crappy service and your tip-o-meter starts going down. At least I didn't leave her a note like I did the last bad waiter that we had.

3 comments:

  1. Would that have been the infamous "Sorry Service, No Tip" on the napkin in Memphis? Didn't I tell you about the tip-o-meter? Mom says y'all may need to go somewhere else to celebrate Luke's degree. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this wasn't "Sorry service, no tip." This was also at the same Olive Garden, the last time we went there. I told him that he needed to pay better attention to his customers, or something like that. We probably will go somewhere else, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should go to Hooters

    ReplyDelete