16 January 2011

Whatever, dude.

This post is going to be me being frustrated, me being mad at the system, and also me just being confused.

Those of you who know me might know that I've had problems with my knee since I was a freshman in high school. Well, with starting the Couch 2 5k program, the high impact-ness of it has really done a number on making my joints hurt again.

Today was week 2, day 2 for me. Luke and I set off from the house with Ivan in the jogging stroller and I didn't even make it halfway through the first run. My knee has so much pressure inside of it, and it was hurting to even move it. I wanted to continue on, but my wonderful honey thought it would be best if we headed home so that I could rest it a little bit. We got home and I decided that I was going to head to the Walk In Clinic near our house just to see if there was anything that they could do to help me out.
I went by there about 2 months ago because I was so sick that I couldn't breathe and I was just 100% miserable. At that time, the receptionist had me sign a paper saying that I would pay whatever portion Triwest didn't pay. Apparently they had been having problems with insurance paying because people were using an Urgent Care center for their everyday doctor, like when kids needed shots and someone had a cold.

Now for the part that confuses me: You're supposed to go see your normal doctor if you can, because an UC center is for the "I'm hurt/sick and need to be seen now. I can't wait for an appointment next week." WELL, this facility always asks for a referral from your regular doctor..that way Tricare "covers it." WOULDN'T I HAVE MY NORMAL FREAKING DOCTOR TREAT ME INSTEAD? Why in the hell would I wait a week to see my regular doctor to get an unneeded referral to an urgent care? Seriously?

I'm sure none of this makes sense, but I'm so frustrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment