21 January 2011

Somewhere, over the rainbow...

Well, Luke got orders...we're moving to Kansas, baby!

I won't lie, I was upset at first...I mean, it's Kansas. But the more I think about it, the more excited I get! I don't like that the high there yesterday was 18, and I don't like how people keep telling me that there is nothing there..but they have thunderstorms! And they have tornadoes, and it'll hopefully be the "small town" feeling that I love so much.

Maybe I should get a head start on making friends, since it took me over a year to really click with anyone here. Either way, the idea of moving to Ft. Riley is really growing on me. I'll then be within a 12 hour drive of my family (instead of 5 day), and maybe I'll get to see them more than once a year! Maybe I'll even make a special trip for Christmas.

Luke also has TDY in Monfreakingtana at the end of March. He leaves on my 21st birthday. Can you tell I'm NOT excited about this? I started out upset, and then I got mad, and now I just don't care. I might fly to see my family in TN, or I might just stay home and celebrate alone. I'm leaning towards just staying here, because it will cost extra to put Wrinkles up for the week that the two of us would be gone. I mean, I could always just go out with Ivan and get myself a dessert and a glass of wine, right? That could be fun.

I'm also getting another tattoo for my birthday (sorry mom!) It's going to be a sea turtle with Ivan's name/initials in the shell. This is another thing I'm excited about. For awhile I was only having one person do all of my tattoos, but I've also had the guy that does Luke's work do one on me, and this time I'm probably going to have a shop out here, Spider Monkey, do this one. I'm thinking I'll either put it on my shoulder or the back of my calf. I really haven't decided yet. I could always do one calf, and then do the other calf when we have another baby!

Speaking of which, I want another little one! If someone would sponsor us to allow me to adopt a child, I would be forever grateful to you. I really wish that I could make a difference in the life of someone else, but Luke and I can always have another child of our own, and then after they are grown and gone...I could adopt and add on to our family. It might not be what I'm going to be blessed with, but if it's what God wants to give me, then I'm game!

No comments:

Post a Comment