23 December 2010

Okay, so you know the feeling that you get right before you give into your addiction? If you don't, then let me tell you...it's amazing. Like, you know you probably shouldn't do it..but you can't help it? I used to get that feeling all the time. Like when I was constantly getting tattoos. Or like when I smoked. I would always feel jittery right before I did either one, just filled with this crazy anticipation...

I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 2 years..and I also haven't gotten a tattoo since 4th of July 2009. But I still get the jitters every once in awhile- like when I buy cloth diapers. Yes, cloth diapers.

Tonight I bought my first BSRB diaper, which stands for Bagshot Row Bamboo. I've wanted one since we started using cloth, but never had a chance to get one, as they would all sell before I could get to them. Tonight, when Luke was hitting the "pay" button...I got that feeling again. It really took me by surprise, because I mean..it's a diaper. But there I was, getting antsy right before we bought it..and then the payment went through. I finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still partake in some hookah every now and again, and I'm counting down the days until I get my next tattoo (which will be a sea turtle with Ivan's initials somewhere on it..) but it's been so long since I had "the feeling." It was awesome. 


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea I was apart of something greater than myself when I bought a single diaper for you earlier.

    ReplyDelete