05 February 2011

Things that make life easier?

If things can make my life a little bit easier, I'm all for it.

Are you good at cleaning? That's great, come help me straighten up my house!
Are you Dora the Explorer? You get on my nerves, but you keep my son happy so that I can write this blog!
Are you a CUPCAKE MAKER?!?! Come home to me!

Last night, my husband bought me a cupcake maker...and I'm in love.
I usually enjoy making everything from scratch, and beating the eggs and batter by hand or with my wonderful KitchenAid. I like the waiting that you have to endure while the cakes are in the oven, and then I enjoy savoring them once they're cooled and frosted.
But this new appliance that has made its way into my kitchen has me feeling like a kid again. Not only can you make cupcakes in it, you can make tarts, pies, cheesecakes, you name it- you can probably make it in it. Know what else is awesome? It only took 7 minutes to cook a full batch of corn muffins, when it usually takes 20ish in the oven, plus 10 minutes to preheat. So 7 minutes, or 30?

This morning I made corn bread muffins, just to be able to use it!

After 7 long minutes...(and I actually left them in a little bit too long..)


After 7 long minutes...(and I actually left them in a little bit too long..)


Earlier in the day Luke graduated..congrats to hubby on his degree!

We also had another big milestone that was met with flying colors..6 months of breastfeeding! If it hadn't been for Luke, Ivan would probably be eating formula today. I wanted to give up after the first week. It hurt, we weren't very good at it, and it was making me exhausted! But on Feb 3, I hit my 6 month mark. I figure Ivan can nurse until he's 2 if he wants it. That might change when he gets older- he might go beyond 2 years, or he might self wean before then. Either way, I'm pretty stinking proud.

4 comments:

  1. You go, Kerri!! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the cupcake cooker. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE accomplishment! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I want one of those! I love cupcakes :)

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog - much appreciated. I will have to look into getting some coconut oil too!

    ~Darcy @ Tales From the Nursery~
    www.darcyandbrian.com

    ReplyDelete