18 April 2010

Come on, pull me up the hill!

This morning around 11 or so, I got a call..

-Honey, I'm thinking about going for a long walk today. Like, 7 or 8 miles.

Little did I know, I'm in no shape to walk 7 or 8 miles. 6 months ago, I was able to walk up and down the hills around the lake and through the neighborhood, no problem. I could also go on these nice long walks with Luke and Wrinkles..but today I found out that no, I can no longer do it.

I don't know who was tired first- me or the dog. We didn't even walk that far! When we stopped for water, Wrinkles promptly laid down in the middle of the path, poor guy. On the way back, there were so many hills. For the most part, I would work my way halfway up them, and get my dear, dear husband to pull me up the rest of the way. I'm really not used to carrying around all this extra weight.

Besides our nice little trek through the woods, I got a lot done today. I cleaned up in the baby room somewhat, washed a lot of laundry, washed our sheets & blankets, and now, we're about to watch LIFE on the Discovery channel and enjoy some of those super flavored freeze pops..the ones that you have when you're really young. And just an FYI out there to everyone- if you come over to my house- you get the grape ones. I hate grape flavored popsicles. I'm actually eating a grape one right now though, because it's all we have left.

Our awesome neighbor just brought a gun over, too...I don't see myself learning how to shoot that thing. It's freaking huge. Hahaha..that's what she said.

Okay, I'm done and out- have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment