28 April 2010

I'm more than halfway done with this pregnancy. I'll be 26 weeks along this Friday- where has time gone? I remember when we first REALLY found out- how Luke was excited, and I cried like a baby. I was so selfish- I had my great flat stomach, and now I look like a freaking whale..but I'm in love with baby and he's not even here yet. How does that work? You love someone who keeps you up at night, who makes you throw up every morning, who you've never really seen, but somehow they've already captured your heart.

Found out this morning that Luke will be leaving on Sunday- but the class is shorter than we thought! Looks like it'll be done 18 June instead of 22, which I'm pretty stoked about. Only a week difference, but I'm happy about it. So...what am I gonna do while he's gone? I mean- if I bake, that means that I'll have to eat it, because I don't have anyone else to take it to. I've looked into volunteering at the Fisher House on post, so hopefully something will come of that. I've gotta call the nice lady sometime this week and set up a time to meet with her. That'll get it so that I can cook a few meals for some people that are going through something much harder than what I'll be dealing with.

Checked out a new church this past Sunday- the two people that "greeted" us when we walked into the door were really nice, but I didn't really get the feeling that I belong there when it was all said and done. Hubby really liked it and thinks that I should give it another shot, but I just wasn't feeling it. There were 2 ladies however that stopped by later on Sunday night and they were complete dolls. We've been going on post to Chapel NeXt- which I really like, but it takes almost an hour to get there. There's a church of Christ in Tacoma- but it's MORE than an hour away, and they weren't friendly there AT ALL.

I need to find the love for people that I once had. Where I didn't think that everyone was going to walk all over me, where I wasn't afraid to trust everyone. I don't want to be the jaded person that you can look at and tell that something is up. I want to be open, loving, I just wanna be a good person.

No comments:

Post a Comment