12 April 2010

Whew, that was a long week.

For those of you who don't know, we spent the last week in Tennessee visiting my family. Here's a little quick rundown of the week:

Monday: 5 April- I finally decided I should pack our things up! We headed out to drop off Wrinkles and hit the USO before our flight..at 6 am. We had already planned on staying in the USO that night, and I liked it over getting up at 2am to go to the airport.

Fast forward through the week....

Friday: 9 April- Luke & the other 2 males in the family went to Cumberland Caverns while I hung out with my cousin, Abby. Mom had to work most of the day, but we ended up going to lunch at Zaxby's, and then going shopping! I couldn't go to the caves because it isn't "safe" for pregnant women to go, because there is such a big risk of falling. Boo. Later that night at the MT baseball game, Luke got to throw out the first pitch. Exciting or what?

Saturday: 10 April- Baby shower! We got a lot of cool things, and had a blast! Thanks to Jamie, Beth, and Aunt Phyllis for throwing it for us. That night, we tried to get everything packed up into an extra suitcase..it barely fit. Not only was it a lot of things from the shower, but also a giant garbage bag of baby clothes that we're borrowing from baby Mason. I really need to figure out how to keep it all separate so I can return them.

Sunday: 11 April: Had a good morning at church, then went to Cracker Barrel before we left for the airport. Our flight didn't leave until almost 4, but we both ended up taking a nice nap after getting there around 12 or so. The flight was uneventful, until we realized that we weren't gaining an hour going from Nashville to Minneapolis. We finally landed, made it up to the terminal, and had to wait for our bag to be brought up since it was too big for the overhead. Little did we know, our connecting flight took off while we were still on the plane! Seriously, Delta? We ended up on a later 945 flight, got home, picked up Stinky, and then got home around 2am. I'm still tired!

It was a great week, and we had a blast with everyone. Now I get to start putting away baby things, washing clothes, and cleaning the house..since I didn't wanna do it before we left. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment