11 August 2010

Breathe in...breathe out.

While I sit here on the couch, listening to my baby boy make cooing sounds from his current bed, I'm still in shock that this precious child really is mine. He's mine to take care of, to love and cherish, and to love some more. I'm getting more sleep than I thought I would, even though it's scattered throughout the day and night. For some reason Ivan wants to be up all night and sleep all day. It really doesn't bother me to sit up with him, it's just tiring to rock him and sing to him until he falls asleep and I'm halfway dozing off, then THINKING about laying him down- which instantly wakes him in a fit of screaming and tears...this usually isn't a problem, but after 2 or 3 hours I usually end up in tears too. They said I'm at a high risk for postpartum depression..I really really really hope that I don't end up there. I know what it's like to be severely depressed, and I don't want to know the feeling again.

My parents land in WA in about 20 minutes- Luke is on his way to the airport to get them..I would've gone, but fitting 4 normal sized people plus a car seat into a car isn't looking very likely right now. I'm still pretty tired, even after coffee, and I know I would've ended up mad over something stupid.

Working on crocheting a baby blanket and snuggling with Ivan sounds like a great plan right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment