10 August 2010

One week old today!

This last week has been amazing.

We came home on Thursday, and it's just been a whirlwind since then. The first couple of nights we had to wake Ivan up for every feeding. I was on a whole bunch of pain meds then, so that might have something to do with how sleepy he was.

I took one of my pills this morning when I realized that I was hurting so bad that I couldn't get out of the bed, and haven't taken another one all day. We've slept on the couch every night since being home except for last night- I ended up using the steps that Luke built for Wrinkles to get in and out of there. Our bed is a good 4 foot off the ground, and there's no way I'm getting in there by myself right now.

Luke has been a dream. He's held me when I cried about something already done, and when I really cried about the house being a disaster...he then went and cleaned up. Last night I got really tore up when I was holding Ivan. He had to have his bilirubin (jaundice) levels checked yesterday, and instead of a heel prick they took it out of his hand with a needle. The bruise left from it looks just awful.

On a good note- my parents will be here tomorrow. That'll be interesting, considering how moody I've been this past week- I just hope I don't get too pissy. As much as I love them both, it's just going to be hard having two more people in the house when I feel like I'm going crazy.

Luke and I have been married for a whole year on Friday the 13th! Creepy, yes. Awesome, yes. I couldn't ask for more in a husband..I love him more than I ever thought I could love someone. Well, he and Ivan are tied for the spot of who I could love more.

Honey- if you're reading this- I love you. A lot.

1 comment: