13 November 2010

A new cookbook...

I got a new cookbook when I turned 20, back in March. It's Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Tonight I used it for the first time. I made Pâté de Canard en Croûte, but without the crust..I'm not sure what that translates to in French, though. I was TERRIFIED of the whole removing the bones from the duck, but I did it, and hubby plus a few frieneds really seemed to enjoy it. I doubt I'll ever make it again, though. It was a great learning experience, no matter how hard it was for me.

Today and tonight Ivan has been rough. Usually he's been asleep for about 2 hours by now, but he's been up and down fussing all night. He's teething, but won't use a teething ring, pacifier, or anything...I hate it for him, because I know he's in so much pain, but Orajel and Tylenol aren't doing anything for the poor guy. I know he's hurting, but I can only take so much. I'm exhausted to start with, and he just cries and cries and cries...I can't do it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I think you just drop the "en Croûte" but I'm not sure. The duck was delish honey, thank you. His teeth will all be in before you know it. No worries.

    ReplyDelete